Sodium Gluconate are used in various applications such as cleaning agent of glass bottles and metals, retarder in the construction and building industry. It is basically the sodium salt of gluconic acid, that is a result of fermentation of glucose. The product is a white to tan, granular to fine, crystalline powder which is non corrosive, non toxic and resistant to oxidation even at high temperatures. Being readily biodegradable and being soluble in water effortlessly. Sodium Gluconate in various packaging options at marginal price. The product is very efficient in various applications as water quality stabilizer due to its excellent inhibiting capacity to scale, as food additives, as cleaning agent of glass bottle, as surface cleaning agent of metal, and as water reducing agent and retarder in the construction & building industry. Few other important points related to the product are mentioned below:-
- Sodium Gluconate Assists With The Removal Of Concrete Deposits.
- Corrosion Inhibitor For Ferrous Metal In Alkaline Media And Glycols Solutions.
- Treatment Of Metallic Surfaces, Metal Degreasing, Aluminum Etching In Order To Reduce The Precipitation Of Aluminum Hydroxide
- Sodium Gluconate Is An Effective Sequestrant For: Iron, Aluminum, Calcium, Magnesium, Copper And Manganese In Strongly Alkaline Conditions.
- In Textile Industry, Sodium Gluconate Is Used In The Cleaning And Degreasing Of Fibers, Sequestrant For Metal Cations Which Can Have A Bad Effect On Dyeing.
- Softener In Water Treatment.
- In Combination With Edta In A 50/50 Ratio Sodium Gluconate Can Be Used In Cleaning The Ultra-Filtration Membranes In The Dairy Industry.
- Concrete And Plaster Admixtures As Both Retardant And Plasticizer, By Reducing Water Content To The Mixture.
Features of Sodium Gluconate:
- Transparency crystals
- Snow white color
- Water reducing agent